Conference Day One
MORNING PLENARY: IS THE CONSUMER IN CONTROL OF YOUR SALES JOURNEY?
9:00 am - 9:30 am Disrupt or dieGary Walker - Founder and Digital Product Director, 22North
Technology has not only changed the way we work, it’s leveled the competitive landscape, allowing start-ups to compete with the established larger organisations. Gary will discuss the disruptive new-comers who have forced businesses to re-evaluate their strategies and ways of working.
9:30 am - 10:00 am Case study: Being truly customer centric – Using IoT to Integrate your consumers’ lifestyle into the productRainer Feurer - SVP, Customer Centric Sales Development, Customer Experience, BMW
Learn how a leading car manufacturer is using IOT to integrate the life of the customer into the car and the car into the life of the customer. Hear how they are moving away from selling cars to customers, to servicing customers’ needs with customer centric design. Discover their 3-pronged approach: “Car services”, “Journey services” and “My life services” to differentiate themselves from the competition.
Rainer FeurerSVP, Customer Centric Sales Development, Customer Experience
10:00 am - 10:45 am Panel discussion: How many touchpoints do you need with the customer?Seth Adler - Host CX Network
Martin Kurze - Director, Research & Innovation, Deutsche Telekom
Bruno Santos - Head of Omnichannel, Fidelidade
- How can IoT and machine-to-machine sensors be used to build better customer and brand experiences?
- What are the best examples of IoT currently being used?
- What are the future implications of IoT for businesses?
- Is it a case of more touchpoints the better, or is less sometimes more?
Bruno SantosHead of Omnichannel
10:45 am - 11:15 am MORNING BREAK AND NETWORKING
INTERACTING WITH CUSTOMERS ON THEIR PREFERRED CHANNELS
11:15 am - 11:45 am When messaging becomes your preferred customer engagement channel!Christoph Neut - VP, EMEA, Sparkcentral
This session will provide you with recent examples of how leading B2C brands leverage messaging communication channels to optimize CX. Understand how to lay the path towards effortless customer experiences. Why is convenience is the new Loyalty and is your traditional contact center is outdated?
Hear about the seamless integration of human and bot enabled channels & how they will add value as well as WhatsApp as a new engagement channel for Banking & Insurance, Airlines, Hospitality, Utilities, Telecom and Retail Industries.
Christoph NeutVP, EMEA
INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION GROUPS: Choose two for a 45 min discussion
Table One11:45 am - 1:15 pm How can you use mobile to communicate with the consumer in micro-moments? Gary Walker - Founder and Digital Product Director 22North
Table Two11:45 am - 1:15 pm How do you position chatbots with the consumer? Martin Kurze - Director, Research & Innovation Deutsche Telekom
Table Three11:45 am - 1:15 pm How can you succeed in an era of social-driven marketing? Antonio Ivankovic - Chief Customer Experience Officer, GO plc
1:15 pm - 2:15 pm NETWORKING LUNCH
Stream A: Bricks and clicks2:15 pm - 2:45 pm Disruptor insight: How to use Service Design to deliver Omnichannel in your business? Steve Kato-Spyrou - UX Manager, John Lewis
Hear from one of the biggest brands in retail about their use of service design to integrate omnichannel by stitching together online and offline.
Learn how they have reviewed the relationship between marketing & customer, initiated tests and learns, value prop designs, channel prioritisations and customer centric validation techniques to deliver market leading customer experience.
Steve Kato-SpyrouUX Manager
Stream A: Bricks and clicks2:45 pm - 3:15 pm Interactive discussion session: Using tech to bridge the gap between the physical and digital Steve Kato-Spyrou - UX Manager John Lewis
Discuss these three key trends, which omnichannel front-runners are using to bind the digital with the physical. Apply these technologies to your current transformation strategy to enhance the virtual and in-store experience.
- Table One - Location based apps and marketing: Use this to understand your customer and respond to what she wants
- Table Two - Digitilised stores: How can cloud based PoS systems, beacons, AR and interactive shop windows engage your customer
- Table Three - Click & Collect: In-store innovations and convenience, which will drive customers to the store
Steve Kato-SpyrouUX Manager
Stream B: Metrics and attribution2:15 pm - 2:45 pm Disruptor insight: Attributing success Maciej Partyka - Global Head of Customer Insights, Barclaycard
Learn how a global banking leader used programmatic sample buying to measure the impact of marketing campaigns across channels and touchpoints. Discover how they used advanced sampling to measure the shift in customer perceptions to provide the optimum customer interaction.
Maciej PartykaGlobal Head of Customer Insights
Stream B: Metrics and attribution2:30 pm - 3:15 pm Interactive discussion sessiont: How much weight should you put on your metrics in an omnichannel era? Maciej Partyka - Global Head of Customer Insights Barclaycard
Challenge the reliability of metrics, which enterprises have relied on for years. If you had to choose one, which would it be? Analyse which of the below approaches will ensure you are motivating your staff to hit their targets and grow your business.
- Table One: Profit or growth? Margins have always been the biggest metric of success however should you now be looking beyond the short term losses and focus on the long term gain?
- Table Two: NPS or Social? Do surveys give you a realistic opinion of your customers’ perception of your brand or should you be analysing key patterns over your social media networks?
- Table three: Top Down or Bottom up? Would you choose the efficacy of marketing across channels to help justify your media spend or, determine how users interact with your digital touchpoints?
Maciej PartykaGlobal Head of Customer Insights
3:15 pm - 3:45 pm AFTERNOON BREAK AND NETWORKING
3:45 pm - 4:30 pm Thought provoker panel sessionFrederic Gau - Global Brand Development Director, A;t Fox, the AD&T Group
Kai Schubert - Manager of Digital Transformation, Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics
Pedro Sousa - Director of Marketing - Spain & Portugal, EasyJet
- Is a mobile first approach the key to integrating bricks and clicks?
- Do the best metric and attribution methods come from the enterprises with the biggest wallets?
- Can you spin a bad customer experience into a brand loyalty game changer by proactively engaging with your customer across all channels?
Frederic GauGlobal Brand Development Director
A;t Fox, the AD&T Group
Kai SchubertManager of Digital Transformation
Pedro SousaDirector of Marketing - Spain & Portugal
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm Fireside chat: How do you influence the board to make customer-centric decisions?Ingrid Lindberg - CXO Chief Customer
Antonio Ivankovic - Chief Customer Experience Officer, GO plc
Antonio Pires - CTO / COO, Carris
Gary Walker - Founder and Digital Product Director, 22North
Listen to our omnichannel board discuss what they need to see to invest in a new omnichannel initiative.
- If no one claims victory in omnichannel success what steps can you take to align key stakeholders?
- How can you use data and insight to empower the board?
- How can you align KPIs across the business?
- Who should lead omnichannel in your business?
- How have the roles of the CMO, CCO and CIO evolved? And what are the top tips for CMOs to remain relevant?
- Does every company need a CCO on the board?
Antonio PiresCTO / COO
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm END OF DAY ONE & EVENING DRINKS RECEPTION
Join us for one the the highlights of the conference - the party! We invite you to unwind after a day of learning to relax with a glass of bubbly